Sunday, January 29, 2012

Eric's New Glasses

When Eric started asking me for glasses for Christmas, I thought he just wanted them because I was wearing my glasses more than contacts. He’s a stylish kid, often complimenting my outfits, or suggesting alternate accessories. So it was easy to pass off the glasses request as merely for fashion.
But then he asked for them a few more times over the course of the month, and kept bringing it up. Brian and I would try to quiz him to see if he could see things clearly, but we are certainly not trained in that area, and it’s hard to get a 4 year old to give detailed descriptions! I finally made an eye appointment for him and sure enough, he needs glasses!  I’m so glad we listened to him, because they said by catching it early, we may even be able to correct his (slight) farsightedness.
He had a lot of fun trying on all the different styles, but finally settled on these. Disney makes these kids glasses, and I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that they do. They’re lightweight and durable, and super 
cute
 handsome to boot. Leave it to Disney to infiltrate our lives yet again! These glasses are green, his favorite color, and the pattern reminds him of a race car. “Cars” and “Cars 2″ being his favorite movies, he was sold.
Here’s my little guy with his new glasses:

2 comments:

  1. Awesome and interesting article. Great things you've always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post. occhiali da sole a gatto

    ReplyDelete