Friday, November 19, 2010

5QF: Five Question Friday

OK, so there are all these bloggy memes. I really like Wordless Wednesday, although it's a struggle to not include some words. I just learned about Five Question Friday, started by My Little Life.
I don't know about this, but I'll give it a shot. My non-joiner tendencies are fighting with my new-found interest in the blogosphere community. 

So here are the questions, as posed by My Little Life:
1. What Christmas song do you loathe?
I really don't loathe any Christmas songs that I can think of right now. In fact, I don't like to dwell on things I loathe at all, so how about instead, I'll tell you that I love Ella Wishes You a Swingin' Christmas. I also am in love with a Starbucks compilation from yeeeeeaaaars ago,
called Winterludes, especially the Bach, "Sleepers Awake." It's not necessarily Christmas, but it fits the season. In fact, I love that piece so much, I used an accoustic guitar version of it as the processional at my wedding. Love it. Oh, and back to Christmas music — I HAVE to listen to the London Royal Philharmonic's Nutcracker as many times as possible every year. It just doesn't get old for me.


OK, next question:
2. Do you and your significant other cuddle at night or sleep on opposite sides of the bed?
Mostly opposite, I'm afraid to say. Especially if kids are in the bed -- which happens less now that they're older, thankfully.

3. Have you ever had surgery?
Yep, a few. Most notably, a c-section when I had the Boychild. There really isn't much I want to say about that, except a c-section was so much easier than having the Girlchild completely naturally, no drugs. A LOT easier. However, if I were doing it again, I would insist that Brian be allowed to be in the room with me while they administered the numbing agents. It was borderine terrifying to go through that part alone. Fortunately, he was brought in right after that, and he calmed me down.

4. When do you typically have your holiday shopping done?
Is there really a "typical" for this? I often think I'm done early, but then realize I've forgotten some major category. I also keep thinking of little extras that aren't necessary but keep me running.


5. If money were not an issue (and you HAD to pick something), what would your ultimate luxury item be?
Do I have to pick just one? 
Let's see... a private jet (environmentalism be darned), my own island resort, Cashmere blankets, a giant closet with room for everything to have it's own place... ok, the closet wins. 


So... here are the rest of the Five Question Friday responses:

No comments:

Post a Comment