Monday, February 21, 2011

Girlchild, processing her injury

Girlchild took a tumble down the stairs of her school chum, and unfortunately I was a good 40 minutes away when it happened. Needless to say, by the time I got there, the school chum was fairly shaken up as well. My heart aches for the poor Mama who had to deal with my screaming, bleeding child and also her own terrified munchkin. I have a bottle of wine for the Mama, but check out what the the girl made for her friend:
She called her socks "Naughty Socks" because she said of her fall, "It was all my socks' fault."

 Here's the picture she drew of herself in the hospital. The fish stickers represent the TV, which had the "Aquarium channel" playing.
The people in the room are (in order from L to R) me, Brian, Dr. Eric, Nurse Anna and Dr. Moorhead.
Yes, the surgeon's name was really Eric, and yes, the nurse was really Anna. I know ~ weird, right??
Anna was knocked out for the procedure, but not all the way. She was aware that they put a sheet over her face, so she drew it on the picture.

I have a whole other post to write about how brave my daughter is. I'm so impressed with her, I can hardly stand it. But I'll save that for another post!

1 comment:

  1. I think a great deal of her bravery can also be attributed to your ability to keep cool under fire.
    I like that there was a Dr. Eric and Nurse Anna who helped with her care.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete